Friday, October 24, 2008

Hughes Sessions - The Comforter

In July, Jim and I went down to Hughes Hall to record some songs using their grand piano. We shot a couple hours of video and recorded a whole bunch of takes for each song. This is the first of many future installments of the Hughes Sessions. Behold, The Comforter.



The Comforter Lyrics:

A brick fell on my head.
An ambulance scooped me up
to a hospital bed.

It's not the best time I've had.
Once I got all those drugs in me,
I really didn't feel so bad.

Everything was in a haze.
I traveled back in time,
saw you in those days

When you were my best friend.
Life goes on and on
till everything comes to an end.

We could talk all day.
We never said, "I have to run,
I don't have time to stay."

We never felt alone.
When your dad came after you,
I hid you in my home.

You know, I almost died,
I was comforted
when I found you inside.

There we'll still be pals.
You should call me up sometime
when your schedule allows.
Hey Hey Hey

Oh, I was comforted by your memory.
Oh, I was comforted when you were here.

0 comments: