Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Amps Against Apathy - Amused

Remember that show that we played at Browning Amphitheater on April 24? You know, it was called Amps Against Apathy, the event held by Democracy Matters to promote fair voter-owned elections and fight corruption in the elective system?

Well, if you missed it, it was one of the greatest events I've ever been able to be a part of. The bands were awesome and it was a beautiful day. Democracy Matters had an important message to spread and they collected signed postcards from registered voters to help their cause.

Mike Cargioli didn't miss it! Thanks for the awesome camera work buddy!



This song is called "Amused". It's one of the classics.

Amused Lyrics:

So today I was reading in the New York Times newspaper
There was a man who remade the first submarine
And he rode in it through the water wearing only his boxers
And people waved and cheered, and photographed the scene.

Within 200 feet of a ship, he was apprehended
They thought they were stopping a terrorist attack.
The man said, "Well, I'm not much of a technician
So perhaps someday you can give me my submarine back"

And I was so amused, so amused
So amused by the world and the crazy people here
Ah, ah, ahh

So the other day I learned about an interesting parrot.
Read all about him on the BBC
He's got a 950 word vocabulary.
He makes funny jokes about other parrots and chimpanzees.

He loves to chat, and watches television.
You'll never see him stumble, stutter, or fall.
Poor folks have a lexicon of about 1000
And many of them can't tell jokes that are funny at all

I was so amused, so amused
So amused by the world and the crazy creatures

And I was so amused, I was fascinated
And overcome by the sensation
That the world, yeah the world
was ballin crazy.

Maybe I, Maybe I might fit in.

So the actress just checked out of the rehab clinic.
On her way out she said, "You'll be seeing more of me soon!"
Now she's back there again, and in the papers
The girl sure knows how to make the media boon.

She took off all of her clothes to taunt the other junkies
She did because she was stuck in a boring place.
Maybe I should go back to rehab and get my life straight.
Then, maybe I could get to see a naked actress' face.

And I'd be so amused, so amused
So amused by the world
Right on!

And I was so amused, I was fascinated
And overcome by the sensation
That the world, yeah the world
is ballin crazy.

Maybe I, Maybe I might fit in.

1 comments:

Timothy S. Danko said...

Pretty sweet, what time are you guys playing @ hempfest. I have to work at 5, but if it's anytime before then i'd love to come check it out.